- Date – 26th Jan 2021
- Kalavantin durg trek difficulty level: Medium
- Region Panvel near Shedung Phata
- Total time required for climbing: Maximum 4 hrs from Thakurwadi
- Duration: 1 day
- Contribution: Rs. 500/- per person
Prabalmachi Located near Shedung Phata is the base village for two famous treks Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. Prabalmachi Village offers basic camping comforts for the enthusiast with great views. Lush green forest and excellent trekking opportunity are available around Prabalmachi. Locals take utmost care of campers by providing homestay or tents with home cooked food. Pre-monsoon you can see fireflies glowing around the village like dance of fireflies. Prabalmachi Camping is high on the list for trekkers places to visit near Mumbai, A relaxing weekend getaway from Mumbai. It is regularly featured by all magazines and websites
as excellent travel destination places near Mumbai. Kalavantin durg was used as a watch towr and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the
old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
For booking, Please get in touch with us
Contribution INR 500
07:00 Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
7:30 Move towards base village Thakurwadi by Bus.
8:30 Reach Thakurwadi and ascend to Prabalmachi village.
13:00 Reach Kalavantin durg .
14:00 Descend to Thakurwadi.
17:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move toward Panvel by Bus.
18:00 Reach Panvel railway station and disperse.
Kalavantin Trek is optional, if you don’t want to do, you relax at Prabalmachi village .
For Kalavantin Trek proper trek shoes.
Drinking alcohol and smoking strictly not allowed.
We do take utmost care of every member of the group during the event, but still each
member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all.
For more info – Call / WhatsApp – 9987096070 / 97693 45484
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by local vehicle.
- 1 veg Lunch
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Panvel and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks,
- bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof